Posted on 2020-05-14
NEW AUCTION START SUNDAY MAY 17TH 12 NOON
WILL BE THE SAME FORMAT AS THE LAST FEW WITH OPTIONS TO SHIP OR LEAVE HERE UNTIL I RE-OPEN WHICH IS LOOKING LIKE THE FIRST AUCTION OF JUNE!!! PLEASE READ TERMS AND CONDITION, PAYMENT OPTIONS, SHIPPING (OR NON SHIPPING) OPTIONS WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THIS AUCTION.
Posted on 2020-04-30
NEW AUCTION STARTS SUNDAY MAY 3RD AND CLOSES STARTING AT 6PM ON SATURDAY MAY 9TH.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THROUGH TERMS ETC.. AS THINGS WERE CHANGING PRETTY FREQUENTLY FOR A WHILE.. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO TERMS OF SALE. MY TERMS, AMOUNT OF PICK-UP TIME, PAYMENTS OPTIONS ARE VERY CUSTOMER FRIENDLY.
LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS STAYED WITH ME THROUGH THIS AND WELCOME ALL THE NEW BIDDERS ONTO THE SITE.
LOOKS LIKE THIS AUCTION WILL BE ANOTHER 300 LOT EVENT!!!
FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING ABOUT THE CARSON ESTATE. I AM SELLING ALL THE SMALL ITEMS I CAN SHIP AND SOME "NO SHIP" ITEMS. HOWEVER, THE REST IS HERE WAITING FOR THE WORLD TO RE-OPEN. ALSO, WORKING ON THE FINAL AUCTION OF THE CARSON ESTATE WHICH WILL BE ONSITE AT A DATE YET TO BE DETERMINED. IT WILL FEATURE A 2006 LINCOLN ZEPHR WITH ONLY 51K MILES, A CHEVY S-10 PICKUP WITH 225K MILES, TRAILER WITH TITLE, AND MUCH MORE!!
CURRENTLY CONTINUING TO ACCEPT CONSIGNMENTS OF QUALITY COINS, JEWELRY, SPORTS CARDS AND OTHER SMALL EASILY SHIPPED ITEMS OF VALUE.
SMITHSBURG COUNTRY AUCTION
Posted on 2020-04-24
REGARDING NON RECEIPT OF EMAILS FROM THE WEBSITE (INVOICES, OUTBID NOTICES ETC..) - I communicated with the software provider shortly after the last auction ended. He was able to show me proof that the system processed 100% of it's emails. Apparently, what is happening (especially to those registered with Gmail accounts) is that when you receive outbid notices too many people are sending them to a junk or spam folder rather than deleting them.. At some point the email provider software picks up on the Junk/Spam designation and it blocks emails which will include your outbid notices and invoices. So please delete rather than send to junk/spam. That being said if you have trouble this weekend please contact me at [email protected] and I will help you
Posted on 2020-04-16
New Auction Starts Sunday at Noon. Same Terms as the last one. Most items will have shipping available. That has worked out pretty well. Those with outstanding balances from last auction.. Have till Tuesday 21st 5PM to get those paid. Thanks
NO PICK-UP / NO PREVIEW
ITEMS MARKED "SHIP" I WILL SHIP IF YOU LIKE OR CAN BE PICKED UP WHEN I REOPEN.
ITEMS MARKED "NO SHIP" CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE AUCTION HOUSE ONCE I AM PERMITTED TO REOPEN.
BUYERS PREMIUM SLASHED FROM 11% TO 6% TO OFFSET SHIPPING + YOU WILL SAVE TIME & GAS BY NOT PICKING UP!!!
COVID-19 AUCTION... WILL HOPEFULLY BE BACK TO NORMAL SOON!!! HOPE EVERYONE IS STAYING AT HOME AND BEING SAFE!!!
SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF STATE & FEDERAL RESTRICTIONS ARE CHANGED DUE TO COVID-19
ALL ITEMS SOLD AS-IS, WHERE WITH NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS FOR ANY REASON. 6% MD SALES TAX & 6% BUYERS PREMIUM. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECH ISSUES/INTERNET OUTAGES. ITEMS WON MUST BE PAID FOR WITHIN 10 DAYS OF AUCTION ENDING & PRIOR TO SHIPPING
INVOICES WILL BE SENT AS NORMAL JUST AFTER THE AUCTION. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 10 DAYS REGARDLESS. SHIPPING COSTS WILL BE USPS PRICE + 50 CENTS FOR PACKING SUPPLIES. CONTACT ME AT [email protected] IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR ITEMS SHIPPED.
PAYMENT BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 3 METHODS
1. PAYPAL TO [email protected] (Do Not Use Friends & Family) INVOICE TOTAL & LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT SHIPPING.
2. CALL IN CREDIT CARD PAYMENT WHICH I WILL PROCESS THROUGH "SQUARE" / INVOICE TOTAL + SHIPPING IF DESIRED
3. BY MAIL VIA CHECK: MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO SMITHSBURG COUNTRY AUCTION.. WILL HOLD ITEMS UNTIL CHECK CLEARS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT YOUR ITEMS SHIPPED
PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN 10 OF THE END OF AUCTION OR ITEMS ARE FORFIETED
Posted on 2020-04-13
HAVE HAD A REALLY GREAT EXCHANGE WITH THE SOFTWARE COMPANY I USE. THEY HAVE PROVIDE INFORMATION TO SHOW THAT 100% OF THE SYSTEM EMAILS ARE BEING SENT. A FEW THINGS THAT BIDDERS CAN DO TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR INVOICES & OUTBID NOTICES ARE RECEIVED....
1. Go to your profile and make sure you spelled your email and user name correctly. It happens..... Just had one
2. Do not mark any of the SCAsold.com emails as "Junk" or "Spam". Email service providers (yahoo, gmail etc..) have systems that pick up on that and will automatically start blocking the emails so sending outbid notices etc.. to a junk/spam folder could eventually lead to you not receiving an invoice etc..
3. I have had several users who couldn't sign on using their phone but could sign on to their PC. That is an issue with a phone setting and you should consult your phone service provider to sort that out.
THANKS EVERYONE... I HOPE YOU THAT WHILE I GET A LITTLE OVERWHELMED AT TIMES THAT YOUR QUESTIONS AND ISSUES ARE HEARD. IT WAS A GREAT PHONE MEETING TODAY WITH MY AUCTION SOFTWARE PROVIDER. A LOT OF THINGS WERE DISCUSSED AND RESOLVED.
ZIP CODES: FOR SOME REASON THE MAJORITY OF BIDDERS ARE NOT INCLUDING A ZIP CODE WHEN THEY REGISTER. IF YOU COULD UPDATE YOUR BIDDER PROFILE WITH A ZIP CODE IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP TO ME. ESPECIALLY WHILE SO MUCH IS BEING SHIPPED. IT WASN'T SO MUCH OF AN ISSUE WHEN EVERYONE WAS PICKING UP..
BEST WISHES & BE SAFE
Posted on 2020-03-25
OLD INFO / DISREGARD At this point I'm sure everyone knows the status of closures in the four state area due to the Coronavirus. I am closed... Pre-view on Friday is Cancelled. Pick-up days previously advertised are cancelled. Here is what I am going to do regarding the current auction which starts closing Saturday the 28th 6PM.
Buyers have 3 options for pick-up
1. Wait till I am permitted to re-open to pick-up. Pre-pay via Paypal, credit card or check mailed to: Smithsburg Country Auction PO Box 243 Smithsburg MD 21783 would be appreciated but if you must you can wait till pick-up
2. I am willing to ship entire orders that fit into a 12x12x8, 14x10x10 box or smaller. Cost will be actual shipping plus 50 cents for supplies. Let me know asap after the auction so I can prep the order and give you the shipping cost. It will not be on the invoice sent. Pre-pay via Paypal, credit, check required before I'll ship
3. I plan to do some order delivery within 10 miles of Smithsburg. Contact me for details... Pre-pay with paypal or credit card. Pay on delivery via check or EXACT CHANGE cash as will not be carrying money to make change
Will have another auction coming up earlier April of all small easy to ship items and I will make some changes to be announced later to offset shipping costs
Everyone be safe. Trying to be as accomodating as possible in this difficult time. Small business owners (especially sole proprietors in MD) need to be creative to keep things going. Thank you all so much.
Ron Hamner Jr PA lic#AU005192
Posted on 2020-03-07
This is a 330+ lot Auction and is Online Only
Bidding will open at 12 Noon on Sunday March 8th & Start Closing Saturday March 14th 6PM
PREVIEW FRIDAY March 13th NOON TO 5PM
You will Need to re-register but like the old site your Bidder # & Password will be permanent. Pick-up Schedule for this auction (in case of snow it could change)
- Monday March 16TH Noon to 5pm
- Thursday March 19TH 11am to 6pm
- Friday March 20TH 11am to 5pm
- Send Paypal to [email protected] prior to pickup. Please include your name and bidder number with payment. DO NOT USE FRIENDS & FAMILY
- Cash, Check, Credit Card at Pick-up - Checks Made out to Smithsburg Country Auction
- Bring copy of invoice to Pick-up
- If you cannot make it to pick-up/pay on the dates & times provided then you must call (240-329-7815) or email ([email protected]) by 5PM on Friday 3/20. If payment has already been made you may request to pick the following Thursday/Friday between 11 & 5. If you have not made payment you will have to pay to secure pick-up for the following week. Unpaid items will be forfieted as abandonned and bidder will lose future bidding/buying priveledges. If not picked up the following week after payment is made items will be forfieted & payment will not be refunded. By registering and bidding you agree to these terms. No exceptions.
- Public Preview Day & time as follows: Friday 3-13-2020 Noon to 5PM
- No shipping with this auction
Posted on 2020-01-10
Sunday January 12th at Noon will be first auction on the New SCAsold.com website.
- Bidders from the old website... You will need to re-register. Only takes a few minutes and as before no credit card on file. Your old bidder numbers are no longer valid. Will use your email address & password to sign on..
- Only real change from previous experience/site is I cannot put a Paypal link on my invoice at this point. However, you can still send Paypal payment to me directly at [email protected] Just include you name & bidder # in messages. All other payment options remain same as before
- New bidders... Welcome.. I hope you enjoy my auctions. As stated above no credit card on file with SCAsold.com. You can send Paypal payments directly to me at [email protected] Otherwise you pay when you pick-up by credit card, cash or local check.
- Viewing & Bidding: Very simple!! 25 items/lots per page. To view all photos for an item just click on main photo. You can scroll through other photos and even use the magnify feature!! 3 ways to bid... 1. manual enter your maximum 2. Opening bid or next required bid is just a button you click 3. button on the bottom has an amount higher than next next required bid if you are feeling aggressive. Items/Lots will go off at a rate of 1 every 30 seconds. Will extend 1 minute for late bids to avoid "sniping"
- You will need to occasionally use the page refresh button
- End of Auction: Winning bidders will recieve an invoice after the auction. print this out and bring it to pick-up. You may actually recieve 2 emails after the auction. One with all you won & possibly a 2nd telling you what items sold for that you bid on but did not win...
Thank you all for your business from 2019 & the new scasold.com in 2020
Ron Hamner PA lic#AU005192