Posted By scaold on 2020-01-10
Sunday January 12th at Noon will be first auction on the New SCAsold.com website.
- Bidders from the old website... You will need to re-register. Only takes a few minutes and as before no credit card on file. Your old bidder numbers are no longer valid. Will use your email address & password to sign on..
- Only real change from previous experience/site is I cannot put a Paypal link on my invoice at this point. However, you can still send Paypal payment to me directly at [email protected] Just include you name & bidder # in messages. All other payment options remain same as before
- New bidders... Welcome.. I hope you enjoy my auctions. As stated above no credit card on file with SCAsold.com. You can send Paypal payments directly to me at [email protected] Otherwise you pay when you pick-up by credit card, cash or local check.
- Viewing & Bidding: Very simple!! 25 items/lots per page. To view all photos for an item just click on main photo. You can scroll through other photos and even use the magnify feature!! 3 ways to bid... 1. manual enter your maximum 2. Opening bid or next required bid is just a button you click 3. button on the bottom has an amount higher than next next required bid if you are feeling aggressive. Items/Lots will go off at a rate of 1 every 30 seconds. Will extend 1 minute for late bids to avoid "sniping"
- You will need to occasionally use the page refresh button
- End of Auction: Winning bidders will recieve an invoice after the auction. print this out and bring it to pick-up. You may actually recieve 2 emails after the auction. One with all you won & possibly a 2nd telling you what items sold for that you bid on but did not win...
Thank you all for your business from 2019 & the new scasold.com in 2020
Ron Hamner PA lic#AU005192
Posted By scaold on 2020-03-07
This is a 330+ lot Auction and is Online Only
Bidding will open at 12 Noon on Sunday March 8th & Start Closing Saturday March 14th 6PM
PREVIEW FRIDAY March 13th NOON TO 5PM
You will Need to re-register but like the old site your Bidder # & Password will be permanent. Pick-up Schedule for this auction (in case of snow it could change)
- Monday March 16TH Noon to 5pm
- Thursday March 19TH 11am to 6pm
- Friday March 20TH 11am to 5pm
- Send Paypal to [email protected] prior to pickup. Please include your name and bidder number with payment. DO NOT USE FRIENDS & FAMILY
- Cash, Check, Credit Card at Pick-up - Checks Made out to Smithsburg Country Auction
- Bring copy of invoice to Pick-up
- If you cannot make it to pick-up/pay on the dates & times provided then you must call (240-329-7815) or email ([email protected]) by 5PM on Friday 3/20. If payment has already been made you may request to pick the following Thursday/Friday between 11 & 5. If you have not made payment you will have to pay to secure pick-up for the following week. Unpaid items will be forfieted as abandonned and bidder will lose future bidding/buying priveledges. If not picked up the following week after payment is made items will be forfieted & payment will not be refunded. By registering and bidding you agree to these terms. No exceptions.
- Public Preview Day & time as follows: Friday 3-13-2020 Noon to 5PM
- No shipping with this auction
Posted By scaold on 2020-02-29
NEXT AUCTION STARTS SUNDAY MARCH 8TH AT 12 NOON!!!!
- MORE GREAT & UNIQUE ITEMS FROM THE CARSON ESTATE & CONSIGNORS TO INCLUDE - ANTIQUES, COLLECTIBLES, PROFESSIONALLY FRAMED ART WORK FROM A SMITHSBURG DOWNSIZING (THOMAS KINCADE & MORE), COINS, VINTAGE ITEMS, TOOLS, HOUSEHOLD GOODS, ADVERTISING ITEMS & MUCH MORE. WILL BE BETWEEN 300 & 400 WHEN COMPLETE!!!
- ALWAYS ACCEPTING QUAULITY CONSIGNMENT... JUST SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AT [email protected] VERY REASONABLE RATES... NO YARD SALE LEFTOVERS
- IF YOU HAVE AN ESTATE YOU WOULD LIKE FOR ME TO LOOK AT?? AGAIN YOU CAN EMAIL AT [email protected] OR CALL 240-329-7815. WOULD BE HAPPY TO MEET WITH YOU AND GO OVER ALL YOUR OPTIONS WITH SMITHSBURG COUNTRY AUCTION. NOTE: A MEETING/CONSULT IS REQUIRED FOR ESTATES/DOWNSIZINGS. I CANNOT GIVE YOU OPTIONS AND RATES WITHOUT FIRST SEEING WHAT IS FOR SALE. THANKS
Posted By scaold on 2020-03-25
At this point I'm sure everyone knows the status of closures in the four state area due to the Coronavirus. I am closed... Pre-view on Friday is Cancelled. Pick-up days previously advertised are cancelled. Here is what I am going to do regarding the current auction which starts closing Saturday the 28th 6PM.
Buyers have 3 options for pick-up
1. Wait till I am permitted to re-open to pick-up. Pre-pay via Paypal, credit card or check mailed to: Smithsburg Country Auction PO Box 243 Smithsburg MD 21783 would be appreciated but if you must you can wait till pick-up
2. I am willing to ship entire orders that fit into a 12x12x8, 14x10x10 box or smaller. Cost will be actual shipping plus 50 cents for supplies. Let me know asap after the auction so I can prep the order and give you the shipping cost. It will not be on the invoice sent. Pre-pay via Paypal, credit, check required before I'll ship
3. I plan to do some order delivery within 10 miles of Smithsburg. Contact me for details... Pre-pay with paypal or credit card. Pay on delivery via check or EXACT CHANGE cash as will not be carrying money to make change
Will have another auction coming up earlier April of all small easy to ship items and I will make some changes to be announced later to offset shipping costs
Everyone be safe. Trying to be as accomodating as possible in this difficult time. Small business owners (especially sole proprietors in MD) need to be creative to keep things going. Thank you all so much.
Ron Hamner Jr PA lic#AU005192